This 3 Ingredient Pie Crust Recipe is so easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen!
This crust is perfect for any type of pie, whether it’s sweet or savory. Plus, it’s healthier than traditional pie crusts because it doesn’t contain any unhealthy fats.
What is special about this?
The best part about this recipe is that it only takes a few minutes to prepare and doesn’t require any special equipment. Plus, it’s a healthier option than traditional pie crusts because it doesn’t contain any unhealthy fats.
Some tips for making 3 Ingredient Pie Crust Recipe:
- Preheat your oven to the correct temperature before you begin baking. This will ensure that your crust turns out perfectly golden brown.
- When measuring the flour, be sure to use the scoop and level method so that you don’t end up with too much or too little.
- Use a light hand when mixing the ingredients together so that the dough isn’t too tough.
- If you find that the dough is too crumbly, you can add a little bit more water until it comes together.
- Be sure to roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface so that it doesn’t stick.
- Use a fork to prick holes in the dough before baking so that the crust doesn’t puff up.
- Bake the crust until it’s golden brown and let it cool completely before adding your filling.
How to make a simple pie crust (Stepwise):
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour and salt. Cut in butter or margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add water, stirring constantly with a fork until the mixture forms a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-inch (3-mm) thickness. Transfer to a 9-inch (23-cm) pie plate. Trim pastry even with the rim of the plate. Crimp edge as desired. Prick pastry several times with a fork. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Fill crust as desired and bake according to recipe directions.
Pairings and Serving Ideas:
This 3 Ingredient Pie Crust is perfect for any type of pie, whether it’s sweet or savory. Here are some ideas for what to pair it with:
- For a sweet pie, try pairing it with a fruit filling like apple or cherry. Top with a scoop of ice cream for a delicious dessert.
- For a savory pie, try pairing it with a meat filling like chicken or beef. Top with a dollop of sour cream or your favorite sauce.
- If you’re feeling creative, try making a chocolate or peanut butter pie. The possibilities are endless!
3 Ingredient Pie Crust health benefits:
This 3 Ingredient Pie Crust is not only delicious, but it’s also healthier than traditional pie crusts because it doesn’t contain any unhealthy fats. So, you can enjoy your favorite pies without guilt!
❓ Frequently asked questions:
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the dough ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days. Just be sure to bring it to room temperature before rolling it out.
I don’t have a pie plate. Can I use a different type of baking dish?
Yes, you can use a 9-inch (23-cm) cake pan or a 9-inch (23-cm) square baking dish. Just be sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.
Can I freeze this pie crust?
Yes, you can freeze the dough for up to 3 months. Just be sure to thaw it overnight in the fridge before using it.
3 Ingredient Pie Crust Recipe
This 3 Ingredient Pie Crust Recipe is so easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand! This flaky and delicious crust is perfect for any pie recipe.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 1 pie crust 1x
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
6–8 tablespoons of ice water
1. In a large bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Using a pastry cutter or your fingers, cut in butter until it resembles coarse crumbs.
2. Add ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and mix until the dough comes together.
3. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (up to 2 days).
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
5. On a floured surface, roll out dough to a 12-inch circle. Transfer to a 9-inch pie plate and trim excess dough. Crimp or flute edges as desired.
6. Bake for 10 minutes. Fill with desired filling and bake according to recipe instructions.
- Calories: 2098 kcal
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 2973 mg
- Fat: 107 g
- Saturated Fat: 58 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 35 g
- Trans Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 272 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 30 g
- Cholesterol: 259 mg