Tawa paneer is a popular Indian dish made with paneer (a type of Indian cottage cheese) and spices. It is typically cooked on a tawa (a flat griddle), which gives it its name. The dish is often served with roti or naan and can be made with either fresh or frozen paneer.
This paneer recipe is a quick and easy dish to make and can be a great option for a weeknight meal. It is also vegetarian and can be easily made vegan by swapping out the paneer for tofu.
If you are looking for a delicious, hearty, and healthy dish, then look no further than Tawa paneer!
How to make tawa paneer?
It is a popular dish in India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh. The dish is made by cooking paneer in a Tawa, or Indian griddle pan. Tawa paneer is often served with roti, naan, or rice.
First, heat a tawa or griddle pan over medium heat. Then, add oil or ghee to the pan. Next, add cubed paneer to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the paneer is golden brown. Finally, add your desired spices and vegetables to the pan and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Serve hot with roti, naan, or rice.Print
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Indian
- Diet: Vegetarian
1. Paneer (cottage cheese) – 200 grams
2. Capsicum (green bell pepper) – 1
3. Onion – 1
4. Tomato – 1
5. Ginger-garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
6. Cumin powder (jeera powder) – 1/2 teaspoon
7. Coriander powder (dhania powder) – 1/2 teaspoon
8. Garam masala powder – 1/4 teaspoon
9. Red chili powder – 1/4 teaspoon or to taste
10. Turmeric powder (Haldi) – 1/4 teaspoon
11. Salt – to taste
12. Oil or butter – 1 tablespoon
13. Fresh cilantro leaves (dhania patta) – for garnish
1. First cut the paneer into small cubes. You can use store-bought paneer or make your own fresh paneer at home. If using homemade paneer, then make sure it is not too soft.
2. Cut the capsicum, onion and tomato into small cubes.
3. Heat oil or butter in a tawa or pan.
4. Add the ginger-garlic paste and fry for a minute.
5. Then add the onion and fry till it becomes translucent.
6. Add the capsicum and fry for 2 minutes.
7. Then add the tomato and fry for 2 minutes.
8. Add all the spice powders – cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt.
9. Mix well and fry for a minute.
10. Add the paneer cubes and mix gently.
11. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes or till the paneer gets heated through.
12. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and serve hot with roti, naan, or rice.
- Calories: 412 kcal
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 723 mg
- Fat: 35 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 13 g
- Cholesterol: 69 mg
Keywords: Tawa Paneer, dhaba style, paneer recipes dry
This recipe is a delicious and easy way to enjoy paneer. The Tawa paneer is a popular Indian dish, made with paneer, a type of Indian cheese, and served with a variety of spices. The dish is usually served with roti or naan, but can also be enjoyed with rice. The Tawa paneer is a great dish for a quick and easy meal and can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for up to 2 days.